Adult Sailing School
Ever thought of being on the waters of Lake Michigan, lazily enjoying the sights of the shoreline or sharing the excitement of racing with other boats? Here is your chance to learn to sail and skipper a sailboat. CCYC’s 4 week Adult Sailing School will teach you to sail with hands-on experience out of Montrose Harbor.
US Sailing Certified Instructors will teach you (to):
- Skipper and direct a boat
- Steer by the wind
- Tack and Jibe
- Set sails
- Leave and Return to a dock
- Right of Way rules
- Perform Man Overboard drills
- Marine Terminology
Registrations for our 2018 Classes are NOW OPEN!!!
Download our 2018 Flyer
Our instructors love sailing and sharing their experience with you.
DON'T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO LEARN TO SAIL THIS SUMMER!!!!
* Tiller Time: Practice your sailing skills with one our our instructors. Friday Afternoons from 4:30pm to 8:30 pm beginning June 29th (except July 6th) $75 each. Use promo code: Tiller Time Fall for a 25% discount this fall.
Session 1: JUNE
Session 2: JULY
Session 3: AUGUST
Rates Per Session Are:
$250 for CCYC members or Crew School Graduates
$350 for non CCYC members.
* A Refresher Class will be offered on Saturday May 19, 9:30am to 1:30pm, May 26, 9:30am to 1:30pm, & July 7th, 1:30pm to 5:30pm $75
* Private Lessons can be arranged by special request. Please contact us for availability and pricing
classes are taught in the school’s Rhodes 19 sailboats with 3 adults per class for maximum practice and learning. The Rhodes is a
nineteen foot keel boat that makes an excellent trainer. It is small
enough to give you the feel of a boat and big enough for a safe,
comfortable and FUN experience.