US Sailing Sanctioned International Offshore
Safety at Sea - Hands On Training ONLY
Saturday March 28, 2020 / 8am - 6pm
Sunday March 29, 2020 / 8am - 6pm
Get ready for the 2020 Sailing Season!
Come join us for this US Sailing Sanctioned International Offshore Safety at Sea Hands-On Training Certification and become a positive safety addition to your boat and crew mates! This Course is open to all Sailors. Additionally, for the Chicago Mac Race, 50% of a boat's crew needs to hold a valid Safety at Sea certification, completed within the past 5 years.
• This is a (1) Day Course. We are
offering (2) Sessions
• Session #1 - Saturday March 28,
• Session #2 - Sunday March 29, 2020
• Registration for this (1) day course is required and is limited to (30) registrants per day.
• Registrants need only attend one of the sessions, so please register for your preferred day.
• Please click on the links below to register!
• The morning in water pool session will run from 8am to 11:30 am at the Northwestern University pool
• Henry Crown Sports Pavilion, 2311 Campus Drive, Evanston, IL 60208
• We will be covering PFD and Life Raft usage
• The afternoon session will run from 12pm – 6pm at the CCYC Clubhouse,
• 601 W Montrose Ave, Chicago, IL 60613
• We will be covering Flares, Fire Extinguishers, boat safety equipment and more.
Prior to attending the Hands-On course, participants must complete either
• US Sailing Sanctioned In-Person Offshore Safety at Sea Course - OR -
• US Sailing Online Offshore Safety at Sea Course
All participants must have a valid Offshore Safety at Sea certificate completed within the previous 365 days.
All participants must have completed the prerequisite course by Friday March 20, 2020.
Upon completion of this Hands-On training, provided the prerequisite has been approved, participants will be sent via email from US Sailing, a digital US Sailing International Offshore Safety at Sea with Hands on Certification (this also complies with World Sailing Offshore Personal Survival Course guidelines). This Certification is valid for 5 Years.
Our Moderator is Bill Biewenga. Bill has accumulated over 400,000 sea miles including 41 transatlantic crossings, several TransPacs, numerous sailing speed records, deliveries and races as well as onboard participation in four round the world races.
• Course Fee is $250 and includes:
• Lunch & Afternoon Snack
• All Facility Fees, Lectures, Demonstrations, and Course Materials
• US Sailing's 220 Page Safety at Sea Guide
• Discounts are available for US Sailing and/or CCYC Members.
• Parking is Free at both event locations.
• A Discount Code will be provided to you for registering for the US Sailing Online Offshore SAS course
• Each session is limited to (30) participants.
Click Here to Download our Flyer
• For more information, please email Lisa Reiter
Saturday March 28, 2020
Sunday March 29, 2020